This is a reader supported Website. By clicking on product links, you help us keep producing independent objective analysis at no cost to you. Thanks for your support
- 1 Support Your Knees with Knee Pillows
- 2 Using a Leg Pillow for Sleeping
- 2.1 Cushy Form Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers – Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief Leg Pillow – Best for Sciatica, Pregnancy, Hip, Back and Spine Alignment – Memory Foam Orthopedic Contoured Wedge with Washable Cover
- 2.2 Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow with Adjustable and Removable Strap – Ear Plugs Included – Leg Pillow for Sleeping
- 2.3 Back Pain Relief Memory Foam Pillow – Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow for Side, Back, Stomach Sleepers – Semi Roll Round Lumbar Leg Wedge – Reduce Neck Spine Back Hip Ankle Stress – Organic Cotton Cover
- 2.4 ZIRAKI Memory Foam Wedge Contour Orthopedic Knee Pillow for Sciatica Nerve Relief, Back, Leg, Hip, and Joint Pain, Leg Support, Spine Alignment, Pregnancy Cushion
- 2.5 Trademark Supplies Leg Positioner Knee Pillow – Made from Memory Foam – Removable and Washable Cover – Promotes Better Sleep, Improve Blood Circulation & Proper Posture Alignment (1)
- 2.6 Honorable Mention:
- 2.7 AERIS Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers -%100 Memory Foam Leg Pillow for Sleeping – Helps with Back & Hip Pain, Sciatica Pain Relief, Restless Leg Syndrome, Scoliosis – Great Between Legs When Sleeping
- 3 Knee Pillow Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Support Your Knees with Knee Pillows
A Knee Support Pillow can fit into your self care plan in the following way:
One of the basics of knee pain relief is the so-called “R.I.C.E” plan. What that stands for is:
So, let’s take a look at dealing with your painful knee from the point of view of REST, as well, possibly, as ELEVATION.
If you’re an athlete, REST may well be the best medicine. Take a look at this story about Patriots’ Quarterback, Tom Brady.
Tom Brady as healthy as he’s been after resting knee. I was on the injury report for I think three or four weeks with a knee, but I’ve been practicing every day since I came off that, and I feel great. I really do. Everyone has little bumps and bruises”.
For a sneak preview of the top favorite knee pillows selling on Amazon, see these: (Full reviews below)
Last update on 2022-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The fact is that our bodies do have a great capacity to heal themselves if we just lay off the stress and give them a chance.
Here is another fact:
Sleep and Healing Injuries
We all know that if you are sick, the best thing you can do for yourself is to just go to bed, get some rest, and SLEEP. But the same is true for injuries, and even for heavy-duty workouts. Bodybuilders put a lot of stress on their muscles and joints, and the first step in many muscle building plans is the micro-tears due to heavy lifting. That’s why muscle builders get a lot of sleep, which is when the effort they made in the gym works out to repairing muscles built during sleep.
Likewise, getting a good night’s rest can make all the difference. Just the other day, after doing a lot of leg exercises, I noticed my knee acting up. I got a good night’s sleep, and my knee feels a lot better. Try it yourself.
When you sleep, your body restores and repairs various functions and replenishes hormones to a healthy level.
“Sleep services all aspects of our body in one way or another: molecular, energy balance, as well as intellectual function, alertness, and mood,” says Dr. Merrill Mitler, a sleep expert and neuroscientist at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in a story on the NIH website.
In other words, late nights and disrupted sleep interfere with the body’s ability to repair damage and rejuvenate itself. Getting quality shut-eye, as it turns out, becomes more challenging as we age.
At least 50 percent of people age 65 and older report having sleep problems, according to The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
Using a Leg Pillow for Sleeping
Have you ever noticed how sometimes you will feel pain in your knee after sleeping, or even that your knees ache at night? It may be that while you’re sleeping, your leg goes into some awkward stressful position. Let’s also remember that as we get older, the cushion in our joints, the cartilage, and meniscus deteriorate, which makes the knee more susceptible to pain.
So, an obvious solution to knee pain and other types of joint and nerve issues, such as back pain, sciatica, hip pain, and so on, can benefit from using a knee pillow. This can either be a pillow between the knees, under the knees, or even a pillow that elevates the knees and legs.
Cushy Form Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers – Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief Leg Pillow – Best for Sciatica, Pregnancy, Hip, Back and Spine Alignment – Memory Foam Orthopedic Contoured Wedge with Washable Cover
This is a contoured knee pillow made with superior memory foam material. It allows you to sleep comfortably at night by elevating your upper knee. It also encourages you to use the correct posture. With proper spinal alignment, this knee pillow can go a long way in reducing pressure and pain in your knees as you sleep.
It is also good for improving the circulation of those who choose to sleep on their sides. Another great thing about this knee pillow is the fact that it reacts to your body heat as you use it. It softens throughout the night. This knee pillow also comes with a 100 percent money-back guarantee with no questions asked and absolutely no catch.
The Cushy Form knee pillow is one that is recommended by top professionals for before and after knee replacement surgery, to help with the pain of arthritis, and so much more because of its superior design.
- It is designed to stay in place
- Made with durable foam
- Comes with a breathable and removable zippered cover for easy cleaning
- Improves hip and spine alignment along with reducing pain and muscle stress
- Works for every sleep position
- The main issue people have had is that it may be too thick and can put slight strain on the knee as their feet weigh them down
- Some users also reported that they had to keep readjusting the pillow during the night
Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow with Adjustable and Removable Strap – Ear Plugs Included – Leg Pillow for Sleeping
This memory foam knee pillow has no additives and features an ergonomic design that is curved to helps keep your knees separated with the ideal spacing to support and align your legs properly. It offers great relief for knee pain and can help treat arthritis symptoms as well as pain from the thigh area, lower back, legs, hips, and spine. It is ideal for side sleepers as well as pregnant women.
The strap is removable, and it has an adjustable hook and loop strap that keeps the pillow in perfect alignment. You won’t have to fight with readjusting this foam knee pillow during the night as you shift. So, you will find a much better night’s sleep with this memory foam knee pillow.
- Offers knee and joint pain relief
- Has an orthopedic design recommended by orthopedists and doctors
- Machine washable cover
- Made from a premium memory foam material
- Curved design offers ideal support and comfort
- Those who didn’t have straight legs while sleeping claimed it was uncomfortable
- The zipper is cheap quality
- Can be hard to put the cover on after washing
Back Pain Relief Memory Foam Pillow – Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow for Side, Back, Stomach Sleepers – Semi Roll Round Lumbar Leg Wedge – Reduce Neck Spine Back Hip Ankle Stress – Organic Cotton Cover
If you are looking for more than effective orthopedic relief, then this is the knee pillow for you. It is made from 100 percent premium quality visco-elastic memory foam that is hypoallergenic. It provides you with the support and comfort you want when dealing with pain in the lower back, knees, hips, legs, and ankles.
It offers multi-positional body support. It has a spacer between the legs for laying down as well as a lumbar support if you are sitting or reclining. It has dual-layer foam that offers support without it flattening during the night. It is also covered with a machine-washable organic cotton cover that is easy to clean.
It has received high ratings and marks for the value, support, comfort, and sleep quality it offers.
- Allows for proper spine alignment
- Offers a leg spacer for side sleepers
- Good for post-surgery and arthritis pain relief
- Hypoallergenic foam
- Easy to clean and machine washable
- Some reported it wasn’t as soft as they expected
- Some say it sits too high to be comfortable while laying down
ZIRAKI Memory Foam Wedge Contour Orthopedic Knee Pillow for Sciatica Nerve Relief, Back, Leg, Hip, and Joint Pain, Leg Support, Spine Alignment, Pregnancy Cushion
This knee pillow fits comfortably between your knees and offers the maximum amount of support you need to help relieve knee and leg pain. It has also been proven to help with proper spine alignment while laying down and sleeping, which means improved circulation throughout the body as well.
It is made with a high-quality memory foam material that provides long-lasting comfort. It won’t flatten and instead retains its firmness; however, this can also change with temperature. Keeping the pillow at room temperature is recommended.
It also comes with a washable cover that you can quickly remove and throw in the wash to keep your knee pillow looking its best.
- Helps to relieve pressure on the nerves and joints
- Becomes softer as it warms up during use but doesn’t flatten
- Extremely comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Ideal for side sleepers
- Some found it to be a bit too firm
- May be difficult to remove the cover to wash it
Trademark Supplies Leg Positioner Knee Pillow – Made from Memory Foam – Removable and Washable Cover – Promotes Better Sleep, Improve Blood Circulation & Proper Posture Alignment (1)
This knee pillow received high rankings when it comes to support, softness, and comfort. It was also highly rated for its convenience during travel. It comes with a removable cover that you can easily wash. This pillow helps improve blood circulation, reducing varicose veins, and promotes proper posture and proper alignment of the spine.
It is made from a memory foam material that will retain its shape and firmness without flattening with each use. It is good for side sleepers and provides them with the support they need.
- Pillow is soft and pliable and retains its shape
- Pillow moves with you, so there is no need for constant readjustments
- Good value for the money
- Pillow is durable
- Some say it may be better suited for smaller people
- Some found it to be too firm
AERIS Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers -%100 Memory Foam Leg Pillow for Sleeping – Helps with Back & Hip Pain, Sciatica Pain Relief, Restless Leg Syndrome, Scoliosis – Great Between Legs When Sleeping
This is the perfect knee pillow for a side sleeper. It helps with a variety of health conditions that make it difficult to sleep, such as knee pain, back, and hip pain, sciatica pain, and even restless leg syndrome. It is made from 100 percent high-quality memory foam material and gives you the proper amount of support and alignment you need. This knee pillow takes the pressure off your knees, so you wake up with far less knee pain each morning. It also helps with lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain, and so much more.
- Memory foam fill for more comfort
- Includes a hypoallergenic bamboo cover
- Has a breathable comfort layer
- The cover can be removed and is machine washable
- Maintains its shape
- Some reported it was difficult to remove the cover
- Some feel it isn’t as firm as they wanted
Knee Pillow Buyer’s Guide
If you suffer from knee pain and any other similar pain and want a good night’s sleep, your mind might not immediately think about a knee pillow. However, using this kind of aid as you sleep can definitely make a significant difference. Yes, you can probably use a regular pillow, but you are going to want to have a good amount of firmness and support, and a regular pillow can’t offer that.
When shopping for a knee pillow, you want to pay close attention to the price, cleaning, and care, its durability, firmness, materials, shape, size, weight, and warranty.
- Price. There are affordable options as well as those that can run into the hundreds of dollars range. However, if you are looking for something of high quality that will be effective, you can find it at a reasonable price on Amazon.
- Cleaning and Care. Since this is something you will be using every night, you want to make sure that it is easy to clean. Having a removable and washable cover is ideal for keeping your knee pillow looking its best.
- Durability. Since you will be in close contact with the pillow, it needs to be durable. It needs to be able to withstand your body weight and the wear and tear.
- Firmness. This depends on your needs. A firmer pillow can hold more weight and provides you with much more support. However, a softer pillow can better form to your body for more comfort.
- Materials. Many knee pillows are made of high-density foam material, and this material is known to hold heat. If you want something that stays cooler, then look for one with cooling properties like one with a cooling gel-infused memory foam or one that has a breathable cover.
- Shape. The different shaped knee pillows come with their own set of advantages and are ergonomically designed. So, you need to determine what your specific needs are and then find a pillow to suit them. Most knee pillows come in four different shapes and styles, including body pillow, half-moon, hourglass, and wedge.
- Size and Weight. If it is just a small pillow that rests between your knees, then it may weigh less than two pounds. The larger ones, of course, will be much heavier.
A simple search in Amazon for knee pillow for knee pain brings up ‘over 2000 results.’ Imagine going to a store to buy something, and you are faced with a shelf with 2000 choices – how to decide?
Well, you could rely on a friend or trusted voice, which is best. However, when shopping online, it is much harder to get good advice. For that reason, we need tools that can take advantage of the opinions – how people actually spent their money, as well as their written reviews–to help guide our decisions.
Please remember that this review is a snapshot. Prices, sales volumes, and ratings are subject to change daily. However, I think it’s fair to say that since all of these have sales of at least 2000 a month, and all were having four or higher star ratings, with over 250 reviews, you can’t go wrong with any of them.
That said, if you’re willing to pay a little more to get a few extra perks, like the strap and earplugs, the Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Pillow is best. But again, any of them are good choices.
I hope this method of identifying products worth your hard-earned money helps you. To go straight to Amazon to get more details on this or any other product you are considering, just click on the highlighted links or buttons. By doing so, you support my work to bring you the benefits of my research.
Thanks for reading!